My Family

My Family

Friday, November 19, 2010

No longer owned by the Government

Today I received my Honorable Discharge papers from the Air Force Reserves. Which means that I cannot be called up by the military any more. Not that I think anything monumental would happen to the United States where we would declare war and be needing whole bunches of troops to go to battle. Still its nice to know that I'm "safe". I don't have to worry about leaving my family for any reason. Not that they would want me anyway. We had to recertify every 2 years on the M-16 and they described my classification as "If we give you a gun things are looking very hopeless". I am grateful for the experiences that I received during my enlistment. I am also grateful to put that part of my life very much in the past. So Goodbye Government! You no longer own me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment