My Family

My Family

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Broken Record

I feel like all I am lately is a broken record. All I can talk about or even think about is pregnancy, giving birth, and breastfeeding. Whenever I am around my friends and family, I find myself going over the same topics over and over again. I am sure that people have other things they want to say or different have subjects that we could talk about.

Of course now everyone's favorite subject is "When are you having this baby?", but that doesn't last very long because it could be any day now for 2 weeks or more and then what do you say after that? Especially as I am one of those folks who isn't going to have any kind of medical interventions to get things speeding along. It is scientifically proven that the baby is the one sending out the signals that get labor started. So why would I mess with something that, for me, happens when its supposed to happen, that is when the baby is actually ready to be born? Just because I'm uncomfortable and aren't sleeping well doesn't mean that I'm going to force the baby to come when its not time yet. Being a parent is about making sacrifices for your kids and that definitely starts before they are even born.

Look, there I go again. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment