My Family

My Family

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Number 3 is on the way!

So because of some circumstances beyond our control, we haven't gone public with our expected arrival till now. I am currently 18 weeks with a due date smack dab in the middle of September. So I'm pretty sure that I will have this kid in September cause I don't think I'll go that early or late.

I was a lot more sick this time around and it started earlier too. I wasn't able to eat ANY dairy for SEVEN weeks! For someone whose day doesn't feel right unless started with a bowl of cereal you can imagine how horrible that was. I was extremely happy that it did just magically go away with the onset of the second trimester and now I'm just hungry all the time. So far I also feel more healthy than I did with Jay.

For those of you dying to know, well you're just going to have to wait again this time because we don't plan on finding out the gender of any of our kids. I did tell Grandma Harvey that I would let her know if I had any intuitive feeling about a girl since she loves to make baby blankets, but she won't be telling anyone else! I do admit that it would be nice to have a girl, but if we do have a boy we are already well prepared. We do have names picked out for both too. Not sure if we are sharing them with the world yet though.

I think the only thing Jay will notice is that mommy's lap is slowly disappearing. Kaleb will point to my tummy and say "Mama's baby" but I'm sure he has no idea what is actually happening :) We will try to make sure he is as prepared as possible but there is only so much you can do with a 3 year old. I am a little worried because Kaleb is being very stubborn about potty training and I will be changing 3 kids' diapers but newborns are the easiest diapers to change so by that time that changes I hope he will be potty trained. It will be challenging to have three children 3 and under but we are very excited about expanding our family and know that this is the best path for us.

1 comment:

  1. It can be challenging having 3 kids 3 and under. I found that I was more nervous about that while I was pregnant (You can ask Brandt....), but once the baby came I personally found it easier to go from two to three kids, than one to two kids. I'll cross my fingers it will be the same for you too. I also found with my own that having them that close together helped me be able to regulate their schedules to match up. Such as nap time/quiet time for all of them at the same time each day. I'm very happy for you, and you will do awesome!!! So... what were the circumstances beyond your control, or do you not want to share that? Hope you are doing great. I am so happy for you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete