Somehow last night all of us siblings happened to be at the parent's house. Well, I guess its not that unusual since three of them live there, one practially boards her dog there, and I was spending the day there with the baby. It seemed like it was going to be the same ol' same ol' last night too. Cameron wanted to play a game on the X-box and Jared wanted to use the computer and Shannon was texting away on her phone.
So I finally gave into Cameron and let him use the TV thinking "Great, now I get to listen to him yell at his first-person shooter game". Instead he started playing a different one called Rise of the Argonauts. Yeah, as in Jason and the Argonauts. So he gets to be Jason running around on his quest for The Golden Fleece. And it kinda seems interesting. So I start watching him play - which is not unusual, I used to watch my cousin play Kingdom Hearts all the time. And then I'm asking him questions about the game and Shannon, who apparently has watched him before, answered my questions for him. And then I'm cheering him on. And then HANNAH starts to watch him and cheer him on. Hannah, the sister who (it seems like) is always complaining about her spouse playing video games and how much she dislikes them and how she wishes he wouldn't play so much. And then Jared comes over (cause he ran out of time on the computer) and watches too.
So in come Mom and Dad from picking Mom up after work to find all of us siblings on the couch watching Cameron play this game as if we were watching a movie. And we are shouting directions at him and telling him which mini quest he should work on first and so forth. And Dad joins in with us and we're like "Come on Mom, watch the movie with us" and she saying that she "doesn't find this kind of thing fun" but she does come in the living room and starts playing Spider Solitare.
So we spent a wonderful night as a family in my parents living room last night. And the only arguing we were doing was over which direction Cameron should go :)
(Oh and we only watched for like four hours and when Cameron died for like the fifth time fighting a boss, both Dad and I jumped on our computers to see if we could find hints or tips on how to beat it)
Hey Kendra, I found your blog through Jana's!!! Sounds like you guys had a fun night, you will have to tell your Mom I said hi, well and really your family too. Your little guy is so cute, happy blogging!!!!
ReplyDeleteYeah, I found your blog through your comment on mine and I am soooo glad! It is nice to be able to "keep connected" and see how your lives are going.
ReplyDeleteWe'll be out to Nashville sometime around the end of May/first of June and we would be THRILLED to see you all.
By the way, Sebastian is ginormous!!!